총 게시물 152건, 최근 0 건

[교육부서탐방] 시리즈#2: 영어예배부 House Church

글쓴이 : 새빛교회 날짜 : 2016-02-21 (일) 22:49 조회 : 1400

교육부서 탐방 시리즈 두번째 시간입니다.

(탐방기자: 김수영 집사 / 2016년 2월 11일 목요일 저녁 6시 30분)

우리교회에는 주일날 성인부 대예배와 같은 시간에 소예배실에서 드려지는 영어예배가 있습니다. Paul Kim 목사님께서 담당하고 계시고, 영어권의 한국분들만이 아니라, 인도, 미국, 중국 등 다양한 분들이 함께 모이고 있습니다 (At our church, an English-speaking worship service takes place simultaneously with the Korean-speaking service.  It is led by Pastor Paul Kim, and is composed of a very diverse group of people including, but not limited to Korean-Americans).

성인부 새빛교인들에게는 매월 둘째, 넷째 토요일 모이는 구역모임이 있는 것처럼, 영어예배부의 성도님들은 매주 (이 곳은 매주 모인다네요!!!ㅎㅎ)  가정에서 목요일마다 모여서 음식을 나누고 말씀을 나누면서 친교하는 ‘House Church’있다는 이야기를 들었습니다. 도대체 어떤사람들이 모여서 어떤 모임을 하고 있는지 사뭇 궁금 하였습니다우리교회 영어예배부의 ‘House Church’ 모임을 방문하여 함께 교재하고 도대체 어떤 모임인지 함께 해 보았습니다 (I heard that one of the main components of this ministry is the “House Church” gathering.  In the same way that the Korean-speaking congregation meets on the second and fourth Saturday of each month, the English-speaking ministry meets together every Thursday 

(they meet every week!!!) to share a meal, hear the Word of God, and live life together.  I always wondered exactly who met together, and what sort of gathering took place.  Recently, I had the opportunity to take part in a House Church gathering to see what it was all about).

남편이 미국인인 저는, 남편 Adam 과 아이들을 데리고 지난 2월 11일 저녁 영어예배부 집사님이신 김준호, 공쥴리 집사님댁을 방문했습니다 (Along with my more English-speaking husband and two children, I took part in House Church on Thursday, February 11, at Deacon[ess] Juno and Julie Kim’s house in Burlington).

EM 성도님들이 함께 모여 자유롭게 교재하는 모습입니다 (Some of the EM congregation members sharing in fellowship together…)

KakaoTalk_20160218_153919216.jpg

KakaoTalk_20160218_153924205.jpg

KakaoTalk_20160218_153926982.jpg

매주 귀하게 집을 열어 섬기는 주인공은 Juno, Julie (김준호, 공쥴리 집사님)가정이였는데요. 직장 다니면서 두 아이를 양육하느라 바쁘고 피곤한 삶일텐데, 참으로 기쁘게 모임을 준비하고 영혼들을 섬기는 모습이 아주 감동적이었습니다. 그런데 이렇게 할 수 있는 데에는 또 다른 섬김이 있더라구요... 이를 위에 뒤에서 소리없이 도우시는 귀한 김순현 권사님의 모습도 빼놓을 수 없겠죠 (The Kim family: Juno, Julie, Bruce, and Brooke, graciously opens up their house on a weekly basis.  While they are busy and physically tired with full-time work as well as raising two children, their joyful hearts in serving the kingdom of God and His people moved me.  However, for such generous service to take place, there was someone else serving quietly behind the scenes… we can’t forget about the loving heart of Mrs. Kim, Juno’s mother!)

KakaoTalk_20160218_153933217.jpg

제가 모임에 참석한 날은 모두 12명의 사람들이 모였는데요. Paul 목사님, Juno & Julie 가정, James, 중국 형제 Alan & Derrick, Eugene 전도사님,  인도 형제 자매들 (자매 3분,과 형제 1분 / Chinmoyee, Surbhi, Saga & Gaurav),  그리고 미국 할아버지 Bob 이였습니다 (On the occasion I attended House Church, there were 12 attendees that gathered.  Pastor Paul, Juno and Julie’s family, James, brothers Alan and Derrick, Pastor Eugene, Chinmoyee, Surbhi, Saga, Gaurav, and Bob).

모임은 저녁 식사로 시작 되는데요. 돌아가면서 음식을 준비하는데 그날은 인도 자매님이 완전 맛있는 인도 음식을 준비해 오셨죠. 권사님의 두부 김치도 정말 맛이 있었습니다 (House Church started with a meal.  The food is generally prepared in rotation with the participants, but on this particular night, we were able to enjoy delicious Indian food prepared by Surbhi and Saga.  Additionally, Mrs. Kim prepared a delicious Tofu and Kimchee dish).

(어때요? 군침 도시지 않나요?? / Isn't it look so appetite?)

KakaoTalk_20160218_153954948.jpg

KakaoTalk_20160218_154000936.jpg

인상적인것은 House Church 모임에는 "아직 예수님을 영접하지는 않았지만", "친구따라 형제따라 모임에 참석한 사람이 3명이나 된다"는 것이었는데요. 모임이 거듭될수록 그들의 마음이 열려서, 예수 그리스도를 영접하고 하나님의 자녀로서 섬기는 영혼의 열매자 맺게 되기를 바라는 마음이 들었습니다 (One of the impressive things about House Church was that those who did not yet know Jesus were able to attend because of a connection through friends and/or family.  I began to hope and desire that these friends would come to know salvation in Jesus Christ, and the joy of being a child of God).

그날 저와 같이 모임에 참석한 저의 남편 Adam 이 미국인 할아버지 Bob 과 잠시 이야기를 나누었는데요. 아마 여러분들도 교회에서 Bob 을 많이 보셔서 얼굴이 익숙하신 분들이 있으실텐데요.. Doris 할머니의 남편이시죠.. Bob은 원래 미국교회 Trinity Church를 어려서 부터 다녔던 교인이었다고 합니다. 비록 이제 미국교회는 문을 닫았고, 그 교회 건물을 우리가 사용하게 되었지만, 마침 우리교회에 영어예배가 있으니 감사한 마음으로 참석하고 있고, 이제는 "열혈" 영어예배부 성도님이 되었다는 것이었습니다. 어찌나 감동이 되던지요 (That particular evening, my husband Adam was able to spend some time conversing with Bob.  Most of us have probably seen Bob at church so his face might look familiar… he’s Doris’ husband… Bob attended Trinity Church from a young age.  Though Trinity has since closed its doors, and New Light is currently using the building, Bob is joyfully attending the English speaking service and is quickly becoming one of its core members.  His story left a lasting impression on me).

(이 분이 Bob 할아버지 예요... 아시죠?/ This is Bob… look familiar?)

KakaoTalk_20160218_153930450.jpg

식사 이후에 Juno 의 찬양 인도, Paul 목사님의 설교말씀을 거쳐 두 그룹으로 나누어 진행된 성경공부까지 다 맞치고 나니 9시가 훌쩍 넘긴 시간이 되었습니다
(After dinner, Juno led worship, Pastor Paul shared a bit, and then we divided up into two smaller groups for Bible study and discussion.  Before I knew it, it was already 9pm).

갈라디아서 5장, "Christ Has Set Us Free" 라는 제목으로 말씀을 나누었는데, 더이상 율법에 매이지 않음으로 주어진 자유를 어떻게 사용할 것인가에 대한 깊은 나눔이 있었습니다. 질문도 많고, 궁금한것도 많고.. 서로 문화가 다르고 삶이 다르지만 말씀을 통하여 주시는 메세지를 받으려고 노력하는 모습속에서 몸되신 그리스도 안에서 역시 우리는 한 지체이구나 하는 사실을 다시 한번 깨닫게 되었습니다 (We discussed Galatians chapter five, “Christ Has Set Us Free”.  After being reminded and learning that we are no longer bound by the law, a deep discussion followed as to how we are to live in this newfound freedom from Jesus Christ.  There were many questions, and more curiosities… even though everyone came from different cultures and walks of life, our similar efforts to learn the Word of God reminded me that we are indeed one body in Christ).

KakaoTalk_20160218_153941269.jpg

KakaoTalk_20160218_153943576.jpg

KakaoTalk_20160218_153957540.jpg

House Church 는 Paul 목사님의 소개처럼 사도행전에 나오는 초대교회의 모습을 닮아 있었습니다. 작은 모임이었지만 (1) 음식을 나누면서 삶을 나누고, (2) 말씀을 나누면서 훈련되어지고, (3) 성도의 관계를 만들어 나가는 풍성한 모임이었습니다. 모임이 거듭될수록 더욱 그관계가 견고하여지고 예수님 닮아가는 모임되기를, 영어 예배부 되기를 응원하며 기도합니다 (As Pastor Paul informed me before, I found that House Church was similar to the first churches we read about in the book of Acts.  Though it was a smaller gathering, they 1) shared meals as well as life, 2) grew in the Word of God, and 3) nurtured the building of Christ-centered relationships within a diverse community.  As House Church gatherings continue, I hope and pray that those relationships will continue to grow, and disciples of Jesus will be made).